- A recent Windows update added new permissions that have to be enabled for the mic to communicate with your computer properly.
Access your Sound Menu to confirm that the Blue Mic is recognized on the list. Access your Sound Menu by right clicking on your Speakers/Volume icon and selecting “Sounds” or typing “Sounds” into your Windows Search box.
Click the Recording tab and right click on your Blue Mic to select Set as “Default Device”.
- We recommend navigating to your Settings > Privacy > Microphone and making sure that everything is enabled for use with the mic.
- If there are other Ready devices, please disconnect the device or disable the microphone by right clicking on the device and then selecting Disable.
- Other devices like webcams or headsets could interfere with your Blue Mic.
- Disconnect your Blue Mic, wait three seconds, then reconnect your Blue Mic to finalize the changes.
- On the Recording tab double click on the Blue Mic to open the Properties Menu.
Select the Levels tab then select an appropriate volume level (start at midway point of the slider & adjust from there) and make sure that the speaker icon is not muted.
- The main input/gain control can be adjusted on your microphone Gain knob (if available)
Frequently Asked Questions